Monday, September 25, 2017

Grow together with Laura!

Hey there!  It’s Laura here with you today sharing a new layout and process video using the fabulous September main kit!


This layout was actually inspired by the glittery gold title piece, it reminds me of something my husband and I have discussed about being married.  Especially if you marry young like I did.  We all grow and change as we age, and we need to make a conscious effort to do that together, so as not to grow apart.  Not that things are always sunshine and roses, but working towards the same goal or end game is a big step in the right direction. Anyway, as I said that phrase inspired the page so I printed out a recent selfie. and had some fun with the gorgeous kit elements!


Did you see the free cut files from My Creative Scrapbook this month?  If not check them out, because they are gorgeous!  I used the florals on this page. I cut them from white cardstock and backed them with vellum (both from my stash) to add a soft look to my page. They also helped ot break up the patterned paper a bit so my other embellishments wouldn't get lost.


I love the juxtaposition of the light floral paper and the darker text paper, I think they are gorgeous together and a great blend of patterns that could be construed as masculine and feminine.  Which works really well with the theme of this page.


My final touch to this page was a few splatters of white mist. I love the look of white mist on darker papers.

You can view my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (from the kit) Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" patterned papers (Song Bird, Heirloom Floral, Bless the Nest, From Me to You, Gatherings), ephemera, and accents stickers; American Crafts Thickers "Family" phrase stickers; My Creative Scrapbook digital cut file. (other) American Crafts white cardstock and vellum; Mr. Huey's white mist; misc. pink thread; Annie's white crochet thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: