Friday, August 10, 2012

Four Wonderful Techniques by Romy

Happy Friday!  To kick off the weekend, Design Team member Romy Veul is sharing four of her wonderful techniques that she used with the August kits!

Here's Romy...

I loved the fabric in the main kit and just had to create something fun with it, so I decided to alter a notebook with it.  I'll show you how I made it.

Before I started covering the notebook with the fabric, it looked like this:
Posted Image

I wrapped the notebook in fabric and secured it by glueing down small strips of the fabric inside the notebook.
Posted Image

To cover up these strips, I cut out a piece of paper and attached it to this page.
Posted Image

Repeat these actions when you cover up the other side of the book.

Then it's time for the fun part of the altering process: decorating the notebook. I took the chipboard window and painted it with gesso. I left the flower pot the way it was.
Posted Image

I then attached the window to my cover and further decorated it with flower stickers.
Posted Image

----------------------------------------

I thought I'd share a simple tip with you on how to attach the scrapper's floss to your layout. This beautiful brown floss is in the main kit and it is so easy to use. You can easily stitch through the floss to attach it to your layout. I stitched through it on a few places to secure the loops that I made with this floss.
Posted Image

----------------------------------------  

The journal cards in the LE kit are perfect for matting your photo, but I would like to show you another way to use them. Instead of matting my photo on the journal card, I cut out the inner part of it and attached it onto my photo. I used foam tape to achieve a shadowbox-like effect.
Posted Image

Posted Image

---------------------------------------

On this layout I had some fun using border punches. I punched three borders from white cardstock and layered them with foam tape. I then attached the gorgeous crystal lace on the right side of it to create a feminine border on my layout.
Posted Image

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: