Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Creative Use of Chipboard Shapes with Guest Designer Wendy

Hello!  Today August Guest Designer Wendy Sommers is sharing how she transformed a chipboard shape from the August Main kit to make it work for her project.

Here's Wendy...

August's kit is packed with so many goodies! I couldn't wait to dive in and create and was struck with instant inspiration! The only challenging item in the kit for me was the chipboard window pane/windowsill. It's gorgeous - but that sort of embellishment isn't really "me". So I decided to make it "me"!

From the main piece, I cut the window pane off of the windowsill. I then used it as a title block on my layout. Each square holds a letter sticker, with co-ordinating paper and punches underneath to make the title pop:
Posted Image

I then took the windowsill that I had removed and used it as a tab on one of my photos. Here I simply layered some stickers and inked the chipboard piece:
Posted Image

The best part of this embellishment is that it comes with a second windowsill! I used it as a tab again; however this time, I used some of the gorgeous fabric in the kit to cover the piece before adding a sticker and ink:
Posted Image
 
I hope you are inspired to do something creative with this kit embellishment! 

No comments: